In collaboration with DuCAP, today we had the first of our series of three workshops on volunteerism! It was an exciting experience! Co-led by youth leader Isaiah Montgomery, the session included:
- Sharing volunteer experiences. Participants recounted the first time they recall volunteering as well as volunteer experiences as recent as last week.
- An interactive volunteerism game
- Discussion of local needs, including the surprising stats on the level of local food insecurity.
- Discussion of unexpected benefits of volunteering. Participants were surprised to learn of the many personal benefits of volunteering
According to the youth participants, the biggest takeaways include:
- The unexpected benefits of volunteering such as career exploration
- That there are far more volunteer opportunities than they thought
- The needs in our local community