My Art, My Story
As part of our My Voice, My Power initiative, the My Super Powers Foundation is seeking youth artists ages 14-19 to share their stories through visual art at a spring 2024 exhibition called My Art, My Story.
Opportunity for Youth
My Art, My Story is an opportunity for young artists to share their stories, build community, and contribute to a dialogue through artful expression. The theme is: Share Your Story. Whether the story is about a triumph or tragedy, this is an empowering opportunity for youth to self-reflect on their lived experiences and share them through their art.
- Exhibit 5 original art pieces
- Practice oral presentation skills
- Strengthen self-esteem
Eligibility for Participation
- 14-19 years old
- Local and able to present at exhibit in the Aurora/Naperville, IL area and attend 1-2 meetings prior
- Visual artist experienced in illustration, digital illustration, painting, drawing, photography, or collage. Art must be frameable.
- Date/Time- TBD- April or May 2024
- Location- Aurora or Naperville location TBD
- Gallery opening style- hors d’oeuvres, beverages, live music